Take a night off from cooking this Sunday, September 20! Order takeout from Chipotle in El Cerrito between 4 and 8pm, use the code 2VMLWHH and mention Mira Vista, and Chipotle will donate to our school’s PTA! Print the flyer (above or below), or share it on your phone. You can order online, but the fundraiser is not valid through delivery services like DoorDash or UberEats. And splurge for that extra guac — it’s for a good cause.
Mira Vista’s Readathon takes place September 16 to October 2, 2020.
How many minutes can YOU read in 17 days?
If you read 35 minutes every day for 17 days, that would be almost 600 minutes! 😲
How it works:
• Students are encouraged to read every day and keep track of the minutes. Recommended daily reading times:
→ K–2: 30 minutes
→ 3–5: 45 minutes
→ 6–8: 60 minutes
• Independent reading in class and reading to your child can be counted toward the Readathon.
• Students should use a reading log to keep track of their reading. They may use the digital reading log on the Mira Vista PledgeStar page (registration required — click here to learn more), or a download-able reading log, which teachers will post in their online classrooms (it can also be found here).
Support the readers and raise funds for the Mira Vista PTA!
• Donation options:
→ Flat amount (e.g. $20 regardless of the minutes read)
→ Per minute read (e.g. $0.05/minute)
→ Per book read (e.g. $2/book)
• If you would prefer to donate via check, please make it payable to “Mira Vista PTA,” write your student’s name on it, and drop it off or mail it to the school office by October 8.
• While the Readathon is a PTA fundraiser that supports Mira Vista’s many enrichment programs, any student who participates is eligible to win — even if they don’t bring in any donations.
Prizes awarded to the students who read the most minutes and get most pledges!
• And classes that read the most minutes will win a Zoom meeting with one of these amazing authors:
→ Grades K–2: Jesse Byrd (Sunny Days, Real Jungle Tales, Dream Catcher)
→ Grades 3–5: Annie Barrows (Ivy & Bean, Magic in the Mix, The Best of Iggy)
→ Grades 6–8: Mitali Perkins (You Bring the Distant Near, Tiger Boy, Bamboo People)
• Purchase from a local independent bookshop, such as Berkeley’s Pegasus Books, which is an active supporter of Mira Vista’s PTA and a Readathon sponsor.
• Check out these free online reading resources:
If you have any questions about the Readathon, please email email@example.com.